Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Andrew's Journal Day 1 (April 29, 2009)

            I arrived in the Entebbe airport at 7:30 AM after over 24 hours of traveling, including a 12 hour layover in Heathrow.  I was very relieved to see Mrs. Wybar’s face after we went through the baggage claim.  My journey didn’t end there however, as Mrs. Wybar informed us that we had over 4 more hours in the car.  Then I met our hired driver (Moses) who spoke broken English and struggled to understand what we were saying.  We stopped first in Jinja to book a safari that I will go on at the end of my stay.  Then we headed to Mbale to buy groceries and eat lunch.  We also met with Robert to discuss putting up four more solar panels to power the school.  As we arrived to the house we were greeted by the eager children who were ecstatic just to see us.  Mary, who lives with Mrs. Wybar, made us dinner and then I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment