Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bobby's journal May 13

Today we woke up, had breakfast, and went down to Children of Peace.  On Saturday’s the children come by truck.  However, today, Wednesday, the children have to walk to school.  Unlike most students that attend CHA, the students at BVI come from all different areas.  The cook, Robinah, travels down and up a mountain everyday to work at BVI.  At Children of Peace, I worked with the music class.  This time is was the secondary school.  They practiced their speeches and presentations for their final performance before Andrew and I leave.  After Children of peace, I hung out down around the school and played with some kids.  A game they play is kind of like our hackey-sack.  They use weeds tied up into a ball and count how many times they can bounce it off of their leg.  I thought I would give it a go so I tried it out.  I couldn’t bounce it off of my leg more then twice without it flying in some direction completely away from my knee.  After this, we went up to the house and started making dinner.  Andrew wanted to make dinner tonight so for dinner we had chicken, salad, and pasta.  In order to have chicken, he needed to kill it that day.  Robert, a digger, went out and bought a fat chicken.  When he brought it back I got out my video camera and started filming.  Andrew cut of its head as Robert held it down.  Robert let the headless chicken go.  YES, the saying is true.  The chicken was jumping and running around with out a head. It was crazy.  This was our dinner running around headless.  We put the chicken in hot water, and plucked the feathers off.  For dinner, we had a big feast and invited Allan, Gerald, Dan, and Robert.  The salad was delicious, and the pasta was good also.  In order to eat the chicken, you had to have strong, razor sharp teeth because it was so tough.  When I bit the chicken and ripped it off of the bone, I thought I was going to get whiplash from my neck snapping.  Once I actually got it off the bone it tasted good but was still very tough.  After dinner we all played a couple card games.  First we played spoons.  This was so much fun.  When someone got 4 of the same cards then they grab a spoon and the person who doesn’t grab a spoon is kicked out.  There were 8 of us so we started with 7 spoons.  After this we played Bull.  They also loved this game.  At first they didn’t really get the concept and when it was their turn to put down a card they would put down a different card and say the wrong number.  After a few turns they started getting the hang of it and really enjoyed it.  After cards, we went to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment