Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bobby's journal May 15

Today I woke up on my own (not that I can’t).  Normally Mrs. Wybar knocks on my door and says “get up sleepy head,” but not today.  When I woke up I jumped out of bed because I thought I slept through the knocking.  I didn’t.  When I got up I had a bowl of cereal and then we went down to the computer class.  In the class I helped teach them how to take pictures, upload them to the computer, edit them, put them in Microsoft word and create a document.  These three girls took a picture of us, when we weren’t looking, and edited it on Microsoft word.  In it they wrote “Bob and Andrew are just like kids, look at Bob, he has his finger in his mouth.” It was very clever.  Later on, we were playing some music for them and they took another picture and edited it.  This time the picture read “Bob ands Andrew like to listen to music.  We have a question for you. What inspired you to this?” After this we had break time for some nice hot tea on a nice hot day.  The people here drink a lot of tea.  It could be the hottest day of the year and they would still be drinking boiling hot tea.  After break I ran up to the guest house and grabbed two pairs of my socks for Mark.  Mark is a kid who makes bead necklaces and bracelets and sells them to pay for his education.  He needed some socks for school so I gave him some of mine.  It started to rain and the inside of my boots got soaking wet.  I stayed in and helped George Katosi type up documents on loan issues and what will happen when Mrs. Wybar leaves in May.  After finishing this we went up to the house and hung out.  Dan came up to the house and we started talking.  We talked about the big dinner last night and the card games.  He then tells me how he can’t believe that he ate with us.  He would start talking and stop and just look up.  He said he can’t believe that God has blessed him and given him the opportunity to become friends with me and eat at the same table as us.  “You are a very good man, God will bless you,” he kept saying.  After this, we ate dinner and then started Casablanca.  I’m not a big fan of black and white movies so I headed into my room, listened to some music and went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment